This easy, healthy, low carb breakfast pudding can be made with any berries or other addtions as listed. Make it in the microwave in under 5 minutes. For a larger serving, increase the almond meal up to 1/2 cup, add 1 Tablespoon water, and cook a bit longer.
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup blueberries – frozen or otherwise
- Sweetener and flavoring to taste – see list below
Mix almond meal, egg, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. Move the cooked part of the pudding towards the center of the bowl and add blueberries and/or any mix-ins you want. Microwave for about 45-60 more seconds, depending on mix-ins (frozen fruit will need even longer cooking, as it will cool down the pudding). Stir and eat.
- Fresh or frozen berries or other fruit (Low Carb Fruit List)
- Unsweetened coconut
- Peanut butter or other nut butters
- Small cubes of cream cheese (any fat level)
- Sugar-free maple or other syrup
- Sugar-free jam or preserves
- Chopped nuts
Nutritional Information: Each serving (with blueberries) has 6 grams effective carbohydrate plus 5 grams fiber, 13 grams protein, and 273 calories.