Strawberry Chicken Salad
This is a quintessential summer dinner salad — lovely, light, and different. Dress with strawberry vinaigrette dressing and you have a real treat on a hot summer night.
• ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled or broiled
• 8 cups lettuce, spinach, and/or arugula (fill a 2-quart mixing bowl)
• 2 cups sliced strawberries
• ¼ cup sliced or slivered toasted almonds (toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds are also good)
• 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (Parmesan also works well)
Toss the greens with about ¼ cup strawberry vinaigrette or other oil and vinegar type salad dressing. Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top of the greens. For meal-sized salads, distribute between two plates or bowls.
Nutritional Information (without dressing): Each serving has 9 grams effective carbohydrate plus 5.5 grams fiber, 35 grams protein, and 319 calories.
Nutritional Information (with strawberry vinaigrette): Each serving has 9 grams effective carbohydrate plus 5.5 grams fiber, 35 grams protein, and 442 calories.